Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ballwashers Take the Throne!

Fellow Ballwashers,

OK...I find that I'm trembling as I write this, and I don't know if it's because I'm excited, amazed, afraid or some combination of all three.

In 1986, when the Ballwashers were created, we had v-neck Ballwasher jerseys made for our League members. In the time that followed, these shirts have covered a lot of ground and seen many things!
Then, early last year, Willie reminded me that 2006 was the 20th Anniversary Year of the Ballwashers, and this launched our effort to create NEW Ballwasher Golf shirts to commemorate our Great League's milestone anniversary. We made 76 of those shirts last year!

BUT here we are now in 2007, and NEVER, in my wildest imaginings, could I envision I would EVER see one of our 20th Anniversary Ballwasher Shirts in one of Saddam Hussein's palaces (the Al Faw palace), draped across the throne of the deposed and recently executed leader himself.

I don't know what this picture means to you, but I can tell you its sheer beauty and majesty leaves me awestruck! Last year I folded and delivered that shirt to Chuck & Shlotz for subsequent delivery to Lomed, a man who I now regard as possibly the Greatest Ballwasher Ever! And now we can gaze upon that fucking shirt sitting on this throne (said to be a gift from Yasser Arafat to Saddam Hussein). Here's the only picture I could find showing the throne by itself.










Thanks a million, Lomed! Get home safe so we can salute you properly in Alex Bay in June! -Nort

No comments: