Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Stosh Alert!

Fellow Ballwashers,

It's been brought to my attention that a Vintage Ballwasher, Gary (Stosh) W., may join us in Alexandria Bay in June! Once I heard this I immediately began checking my butt for creatures trying to make an unexpected exit. I discussed this concern briefly with Chuck P., and he wisely suggested that I should take greater care to make sure such things don't sneak in my butt in the first place. Good advice for all of us, Chuck! But back to Gary. Here's a 1987 picture of Gary & Dave T. feeling no pain (foreground), plus Brit & Coopster feeling each other (background). Gary, I hope you do show up because too much time has passed since we last hung out with the Stosh-meister. And although you may be able to fool many a seasoned Ballwasher, you can't fool me!

Recall that you raised our hopes & expectations for the 20th Anniversary Mid-Season outing. Then you backed out! Then you raised our hopes & expectations for the 20th Anniversary Final outing. You backed out again!

Well you're not going to lead me down this same path a third time, Stosh. I think our great President George W. Bush phrased it best when he once said...(video).

So here's my point, Stosh. Don't waste my time and the time of other Ballwashers with your idle claptrap. Put your money where your mouth is (a risky proposition because you never know where it's been), make your hotel reservation, and we'll talk.

Please don't let us down a third time.

-Nort

1 comment:

Nort said...

Stosh is proving my suspicions to be true. I sent him a follow-up email. He didn't respond. I left him voicemail messages. He didn't respond. What are we supposed to do? Why am I bothering? Why do I care?

It's now over 1 month since I posted this Stosh Alert, but true to form, he cannot find the time to communicate with long-time friends who have reached out to him. Disappointing.

-Nort